Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Younger May NOT be Better After All!

Funny thing. Years ago, sixteen years ago as a matter of fact, I was on the cover of a trade magazine. I was "leading edge" in all things online. And so my then-boss paid for a high end photog to shoot professional pics of me, complete with hairstylist and makeup artist. Pretty hot stuff. I have always been very proud of the photo, had it mounted and framed - the whole deal. I mean, a MAGAZINE COVER for gosh sakes!

Years passed, jobs changed, I changed. Ch-ch-changed!!! I remarried ten years ago, and for some inexplicable reason my beloved & charming hubby has never liked that picture. I packed it away and forgot about it. But last week in a fit of domestic-spring-cleaning frenzy I dug the picture out and decided to hang it in my current office. I was very proud that my hip, young employees would see how hip and young I used to be.

But one of my peeps peered up at it and replied,
"OMIGOD, is that YOU?"

"Yup"
I mumbled modestly.

"Look at you" she added "without the cool eyeglasses you wear these days - that picture makes you look 10 years older than you do now."

After a deep breath, it's all good now...pic is down, eyeglasses are on, browser pointed at a cool, convenient site called www.eyeglasses.com - with a little help and a few more awesome pairs of specs I can keep this reverse aging/Dorian Gray thing up indefinitely!

Happily humming, "I can see clearly now... the 'years' are gone"

3 comments:

  1. Funny story! Thanks for the smile.

    I seem to remember you having Lasik around '01. What are you doing with glasses?

    -Don

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, what a memory:-) I've always needed reading glasses so I take the opportunity to wear the coolest ones I can find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Online School Admissions OSA - One of the best School directory in India, there you will find almost all the schools of India, this is a unique schools directory and is unique of its kind. First of its kind in India where you can fill admission form online in just a few simple steps.

    ReplyDelete